IBN SINA Medical College
Campus: 1/1-B, Kallyanpur, Dhaka-1216, Bangladesh.
|Established:||2004||Campus Area:||1,29,000 Sq. Ft.|
|Courses Offered:||MBBS||Duration:||5 years + 1 year Internship. Total 6 years|
|Medium of Instruction:||English||Affiliation:||University of Dhaka and recognized by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council|
|Academic Session:||Jan – Dec||Climate:||Winter-Max:15°C Min:10°C | Summer-Max:36°C Min:27°C|
About IBN SINA Medical College
The academic activities of Ibn Sina Medical College commenced through admission of 50 students in 2004-05 academic session. Through the years up to 2018, 14 batches of total 810 students have undertaken the course.
The college is affiliated with the University of Dhaka and recognized by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council, the competent Authority of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
The students of 9th batch is now starting their internship in our own hospital. The admission procedure of session 2018-2019 is now on-line. The admission is based on merit keeping in conformity with Government order published and adopted by the Academic Council and adorned by the Governing Body of ISMC.
- To produce doctor with high professional knowledge and skill.
- To blend them with ethical values.
- To teach bio-medical sciences with its recent advancements, so that they can meet the present-day healthcare needs and challenges.
- To produce disciplined, motivated and enthusiastic doctor to instil highest level of efficiency for caring patient with compassion and competence.
- To provide wide knowledge of the community and economic conditions of the country imbuing them in value and nation to improve it applying professional adequate, manners and skills.
- To inspire development of essential human qualities, strong sense of righteousness and basic ability to serve the suffering humanities irrespective of economy, cast, religion and strata.
Capability & Facility
- Dhaka University permitted 56 students for admission in each year.
- Capable to run academic activities for 100 students (we applied for).
- Building-up the motif amongst the graduates to prosecute further studies leading to specialization in suitable and feasible field.
- Capable of resuming young doctors in different subjects for its own.
- Treatment facility from ISMCH for students.
- 100% consultant fee is free.
- 50% of Investigation & 50% of Hospital bill is free.
- Medicine bill is not free.
Ibn Sina Medical College is located in the centre of the metropolitan city at 1/1-B, Kallyanpur, Dhaka-1216. The 14 storied academic building is housing all the departments and 350 beds academic hospital in-site
New Hospital Building
A new hospital building is just started with 350 bed capacity adjacent to the academic building. It is a 14 storied building with modern amenities and facilities for all sorts of patient and giving more opportunity of learning.
Tallest Academic Building
The existing ISMC academic building is 14 storied structure having 1,29,000sft. area. Each floor comprising 9,214 sft, accommodating academic facilities separately. In general, each department has one floor containing galleries, tutorial rooms, laboratories, museums and teachers room. In addition, there are canteen, common room, information center, guardians waiting room and prayers facilities. The 7th floor is the heart of this building comprising Principal’s office, conference room, teachers lounge, administrative wings and the library.
We have a airconditioned 1750 sqf library in the 7th floor of the academic building. It has got 4391 volumes of Reference books, Text books, Periodicals, Printed and Electronic version of National and International Journals. There are separate reading area for the students as well as teachers. It is also equipped with Internet access. We have an Index Journal ”Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science” which is indexed in several organization like Scopus Elsevier, Thomson Reuters, British Library, Hinari/WHO, Index Copernicus, Cross Ref. etc. Very soon this library will be shifted in a single floor of 8900 sqf area where seperate area for Male & Female students and Teachers will be provided.
Close coordination is being maintained with the key academicians and administrators including senior professors of DMC, DGHS, MOHFW, Dean, DU, CME and BMDC for organizing and conducting academic activities. We have co-operation with University of Illinois, Chicago, USA and London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine UK.
ISMC have also close cooperation with CUCMS (Cyberjaya University College of Medical Sciences), Malaysia.
Our scientific journal ‘Bangladesh Journal of Medical Science’ is indexed in INASP (UK), Index Copernicus (EU), HINARI/WHO, EBSCO Library (USA), DOAJ (UK), Cross Ref and DOI.
Admissions & Eligibility
|Program||International MBBS Program Issued by Dhaka, English Medium.|
|Medium||The medium of instruction is English.|
|Duration||5 years Studies and 1 year Internship. Internship may be done either in the university or in the home country.|
|Eligibility||1. Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent : 7.00
2. Minimum GPA in biology: 3.5
|MCI Eligibility||Eligibility Certificate to pursue Primary Medical Qualification (MBBS or its equivalent) by an Indian Citizen/Overseas Citizen of India is mandatory in terms of section 13(4B) of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. Click Here to Download application form.|
|OMAT||The Overseas Medical Admission Test is aimed at providing a uniform testing and marking system which will enable the universities to make the most informed choice about the quality of the students they would like to enrol.|