Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College and Hospital
Campus: Ragib-Rabeya Medical College Road, Pathantula, Sylhet, Bangladesh
|Year Of Establishment||Founder||Recognized by||Courses Offered|
|1995||Janab Dr. Ragib Ali – A renowned Philanthropist||Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC)||Degree Conferred as: MBBS
Duration : 5 years Studies and 1 year Internship. Internship may be done either in the university or in the home country.
|10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Admission will be based on high school credentials and Admission Test/Interview.||Nutritious and hygienically prepared food available in the college. All vegetables available in India are also available in Bangladesh.||Sylhet is a city located in eastern Bangladesh, has pleasant moderate climate which resembles with most of the cities in India.
Summer – Max: 32° C Min: 24° C
Winter – Max: 27° C Min: 13° C
|Address: Ragib-Rabeya Medical College Road, Pathantula, Sylhet – 3100, Bangladesh
About Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College and Hospital
Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College and Hospital, Sylhet is situated in divisional head quarter of Sylhet Division and located at Sunamgonj Road, Sylhet. Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College, Sylhet which is about 300 km from Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh. Sylhet is the land of Saints and Sufis and may be termed as the spiritual centre of Bangladesh. It is surrounded by lush tea gardens, hills and valleys in a picturesque landscape. It has an excellent rail, road, air and river communications linking with capital City Dhaka as well as Port City Chittagong. It takes only 22 minutes by air from Dhaka to Sylhet.
Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College (JRRMC) is a private medical school in Bangladesh, established in 1995. It is located in the Pathantula area of Bimanbandar Thana, in Sylhet. It is affiliated with Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) under the School of Medical Sciences.
It offers a five-year course of study leading to a Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) degree. A one-year internship after graduation is compulsory for all graduates. The degree is recognised by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council.
The college is associated with 925-bed Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College Hospital. Jalalabad Medical Journal is the official journal of Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College.
The college is located in the Pathantula area of Bimanbandar Thana, in Sylhet. On the 8.22 acres (3.33 ha) campus are three main buildings: two ten-story academic buildings and the associated six-story, 925-bed, Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College Hospital.
Admission & Eligibility
Foreign students : They will be selected on viva-voce examination on fulfillment of prerequisite, i.e. qualification equivalent to SSC & HSC and equivalence in conformity with the rules of Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
Admission procedure : (for Foreign students)
A foreign student who desires to get admission in Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College, Sylhet Bangladesh following documents will be needed:
- A person who has passed the secondary school certificate examination before the year 2011 will not be eligible and who has passed the higher secondary certificate examination (A level – I.Sc.) in the year 2013 and 2014 will be eligible for admission in the 1st year MBBS course for the session 2014-2015.
- As per instruction of our government, the foreign students who desires admission in medical & dental colleges in Bangladesh are required to submit photocopy of SSC & HSC/equivalent certificates and mark sheets duly attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of their own country to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh through the High Commission/Embassy of their own country at Dhaka for onward submission to DGHS mentioning the name of the college where the student wishes to get admission. The High Commission/Embassy will submit these certificates and mark sheets to the directorate general of health services (DGHS), Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh for determination of equivalence with that of the local students.
- Selection will be confirmed after receiving equivalence certificate from Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Mohakali, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Location And Communication
Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College, Sylhet is situated in divisional headquarter of Sylhet Division and located at Ragib-Rabeya Medical College Road, Pathantula, Sylhet, Bangladesh. Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College, Sylhet which is about 225 km from Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh. Sylhet is the land of saints and sufis and may be termed as the spiritual centre of Bangladesh. It is surrounded by lush tea gardens, hills and valleys in a picturesque landscape. It has an excellent rail, road, air and river communications linking with capital City Dhaka as well as Port City Chittagong. It takes only 22 minutes by air from Dhaka to Sylhet and 41/2 hours by road.
The college has two 10 storied twin tower near the hospital building. Six floors of each buildings is now completed and remaining four floors of each building are to be completed very soon. At present the college is having 3,64,600 sft. After completion of the 10 storied twin tower the total floor space of the college will be 5,13,300 sft.
Hospital building and others – total floor space is 2,36,000 sft.
Physical Space and Environment of College & Hospital : Total area – 8.22 acre.
CHostel are available both for boy’s & ladies students and also for international students.
Class rooms are well equipped with modern audio-visual appliances. The college has its own computer, internet, e-mail, web site and intercom facilities.
Cafeteria and canteen:
College possess a nice cafeteria students may avail cafeteria canteen facilities in cheaper rate.
The student’s attendance is recorded. The guardians are informed of their wards attendance periodically.
Student assessed through periodic class examinations (Written, Oral and Practical, card completion and clinical examinations OSCE & OSPE) as per BMDC course curriculum.
Dormitory facilities available for male and female students.
Guardians advice on college affair is welcome.
Academic division is responsible for teaching medical students in accordance with the curriculum laid down by Bangladesh Medical and Dental council for MBBS degree from Shahjalal University of Science & Technology, Sylhet. The teaching doctrine employed by the college is based on the principle that provides a structured process of institutional teaching, which combines continuity and candour with a absolute obsession for perfection. The aim being to turn each and every medical students into medical men and women of advanced knowledge and expertise capable of matching the challenge of 21st century in terms of handling suffering humanity.
The college has a fully air-conditioned rich library with a congenial environment. There is a collection of huge numbers of text and reference books. The books are of latest edition and high quality and suitable for both undergraduate and postgraduate studies.
- Medical Education Unit with modern equipments
- Common rooms for male and female students
- Annual Magazines and wall magazines
- Debates and Seminars
- Games and Sports (indoor & outdoor)
- Incentive for teachers for their research works and publications.
- Guest house
- Study tour
Estimate of Expenses for 2019 Batch
International MBBS Program, English Medium, Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College, Bangladesh
|Each Student shall be required to pay the following fees:|
|1st Year||TOTAL INR|
|1. Registration fee
2. Documents attestation & processing
[Attestation from Embassy of Bangladesh – academic credentials of class 10 & class 12 marks sheet + pass certificate +
admit card = 6 documents]
3. Application for DGHS Approval – Payable to Director, Medical Education & HMPD, DGHS, Bangladesh
4. Counselling Fee
5. Air Fare & Visa
|Total Payable to SOLC||1,11,000|
|Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|One time Development Fee
Tuition Fee [for 05 years USD 2760 x 5]
Hostel rent [for 05 years USD 600 x 5 ]
Clinical fee at a time
|Mode of Payment||USD $|
|1. At the time of admission
2. 2nd Installment [to be paid by August 2020]
3. 3rd Installment [to be paid by March 2021]
4. 4th Installment [to be paid by March 2022]
5. 5th Installment [to be paid by March 2023]
6. 6th Installment [to be paid by March 2024]
7. 7th Installment [to be paid by September 2024]
1] This fee structure is provisional. Fee structure applicable at the time of admission shall apply.
2] Departure will be either Ex Delhi or Kolkata only. Students are required to reach the port of departure on their own.
|All payments in Bangladesh are payable to Jalalabad Ragib-Rabeya Medical College & Hospital, Sulhet, Bangladesh, Account
directly in USD by Swift Transfer: Account No.0021-0320000249, Swift Code No-TTBLBDDH021,Trust Bank Limited, Sylhet
Corporater Branch, Chowhatta, Sylhet, Bangladesh.
|Other Payments – to be incurred by the students directly
1. Insurance – yearly (Approx.) payable at Bangladesh
2. Medical Check-up at Bangladesh(Approx.)
3. Mattress, quilts, Bed sheet (Approx.)
4. Air Fare: Up & Down for 6 Years (4.5 Times)15,000 x 4.5 (Approx.)
|*Electricity & water charges are as per norms of university. Cost of additional or extra consumption to be borne by the student as per actual.
*Fee applicable for Indian students [appropriately]
Interested in applying for this University?
The admission procedure starts in the month of March for that years intake.
- Transcript of marks for Higher Secondary level exams.
- Police Clearance Certificate.