NEET 2016 Counselling
The counselling of NEET 2016 is being conducted by the Medical Council Committee. The 15% All India Quota seats is being filled through NEET Counselling. The first round of the seat allotment has been done. The result, after the completion of the firstround has also released. Now, the second round of the NEET Seat Allotment will be done on September 11, 2016.
In the process of NEET Counselling, the choice filling and locking has to be done. Based on the merit and choices of the candidate, the seats are being allocated. For the complete details like counselling procedure, schedule and more read the article below.
NEET 2016 Counselling Date and Schedule
Below are the important dates related to the NEET 2016 counselling:
|Main Counselling Registration, Choice Filling & Indicative Seat||22nd August to 25th August, 2016 (Registration will be open up to 05:00 PM of 25th August 2016 only)||4 Days|
|Exercising of Choices and Locking||26th August, 2016 (up to 05:00 PM of 26th August, 2016)||1 Day|
|Process of Seat Allotment – Round 1||27th August, 2016||1 Day|
|Round 1 Result Publish||28th August, 2016||1 Day|
|Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against 1st Round||29th August to 3rd September, 2016 (up to 05:00 PM of 3rd September, 2016)||6 Days|
|Exercising of Choices and Locking(Round 2)||9th September 2016 to 10th September 2016||2 Days|
|Process of Seat Allotment – Round 2||11th September, 2016||1 Day|
|Round 2 Result Publish||12th September, 2016||1 Day|
|Reporting at the Allotted Medical/Dental College against Round 2||13th to 20th September, 2016 (up to 05:00 PM of 20th September, 2016)||8 Days|
|Transfer of vacant seats to State Quota||20th September, 2016 (After 05:00 PM)||8 Days|
NEET 2016 Counselling Eligibility Criteria
Below are the conditions candidates need to fulfil to attend the NEET 2016 counselling
- Candidates need to take and qualify either AIPMT (NEET 1) or NEET 2 to attend the counselling.
- The candidate must be at least 17 years old on 31 Dec 2016, the maximum age limit is 25 years.
- The Candidate must have secured at least 50% marks in PCB or 45% (General PH) or (40% SC / ST / OBC) in 10+2 or equivalent examination
NEET 2016 Counselling Procedure
NEET 2016 counselling will be organised by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC). Below are the main steps involved in the procedure of counselling
- Online Registration
- Checking Available choices
- Submission of choices
- Choice Interchange
- Deletion of Choices
- Mock Seat allotment
- Choice Locking & Printing of locked choices
- The above steps are elaborated below in detail form
As the counselling will be governed and organised by MCC, candidates need to visit the official site of MCC and follow the steps given below to get themselves registered.
- Access the official site of MCC
- Click on the link of “New User Registration Here!!”
- A small portal will be displayed on the screen
- Enter the Roll Number, Application Number, candidate’s name, Mother’ s name, Date of Birh, Mobile No, E- mail Id, at the end enter security pin and click on the submit column.
- Generate your password. There are few things related to password candidate should remember. It must be between 8-13 character long and contain one capital letter (A-Z), – one small letter (a-z), – one numeric (0-9) and one special character (@#$&).
- After successful registration, the credentials as available in the database provided by CBSE will appear on the screen.
- Candidate needs to select the category, enter mother’s and father’s name.
- Change in the candidate’s name, gender and date of birth are not permitted.
- Candidate needs to update the complete mailing address ,pin code, phone number including STD, mobile and email etc.
- On clicking the submit button, the candidate can see the data entered for verification and confirmation. Once this personal data is Verified and Confirmed, the candidate cannot make any change.
- The registration slip will be generated, the candidates are advised to download and take print out of the same.
- In case, the candidate forgets the password, it can be retrieved by clicking on “Forgotten password”
NEET 2016 Counselling Registration available. Click here to register now.
Checking Available choices
After registration, candidates need to login using their Id and password to fill the choices. click on “Choice Available” , the systems will retrieve the credentials of the candidate like gender, category, sub-category, date of birth, and eligibility remarks from the candidate’s database as per the Id. Also the choices available will appear on the screen.
Submission of choices
Now the candidates need to select their choices, the option will be available on the right side of the screen. As the candidate will select their choices, the selected items will shift to the left column of the screen. Candidates need to select the “save and continue” to lock the choices whereas in case they wish to leave the menu and go to home page click on “save and go to home page”.
The choices will be shown statewise, course-wise and in alphabetical order of Institutions and courses or alphabetical order of courses and Institutions, etc.
The choices can be Interchanged (Swapping) could be carried out by selecting appropriate choices as source and destination to enable their swapping and reorder all the choices.
Deletion of Choices
If the candidate wishes to delete a specific or a group of choices, click on the appropriate box, for deletion of the one choice. Further, if the candidate desires to delete multiple choices, click on the appropriate boxes for deletion and confirm the same. All the unwanted choices will be deleted.
Mock Seat allotment
Based on the preference of the candidate, the choices will be processed and temporary seat allotment will be done. It will help the student to make refine choices.
Choice Locking & Printing of locked choices
After completion of the choice submission, it is mandatory to lock the choices. Choice locking dates are mentioned in Counselling Schedule. By clicking the Choice Lock Button and confirming the same, the choices can be locked. Locked choices cannot be unlocked. Therefore the candidates are advised to fill and lock the choice carefully. In case the candidate fails to lock choices, choices filled in by the candidate will be automatically locked at 5:00 PM of the last date of locking.
On clicking the “Lock my Choices” button, the submitted choices will be displayed on the screen. The candidate is required to confirm before locking of choices. During locking process, the candidate is required to enter the password and then only system proceeds for locking of choices. It is advised to the candidates to take out a print out of the locked choices. After locking the choices successfully, it cannot be altered. At the end log out.
NEET 2016 Counselling – Documents to be produced at the time of Joining
There are some important documents which are needed at the time of joining the institute. All these documents are named below.
- Admit Cards of Exam issued by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
- Result/ Rank letter issued by CBSE
- Date of Birth Certificate (if Metric Certificate does not bear the same)
- Class 10th Certificate
- Class 10+2 Certificate
- Class 10+2 Marks Sheet
- Eight (8) Passport size photograph same as affixed on the application form.
- Provisional allotment letter generated on-line.
- Proof of identity.
The candidate also need to produce the category certificate, if applicable. The detail information is provided in the frame shown here.