The Evolving Trends in Medical Education (ETME)-2019, the 4th International conference, held in LuZhou, co-hosted by Southwest Medical Univeristy, has been a successful in not just understanding but also implementing those discussed in ETME-2016, for medical education, International MBBS Program in China. The conference was attended by various Medical Universities in South Asia. The guest of honour was Ms. Ma Zhonghui, the Deputy Mayor of Luzhou city.
ETME-2019, like it’s predecessor emphasised on bridging the gap between International MBBS program and standard undergraduate medical program. As more and more foreign students are being enrolled for International MBBS program, the need for standardisation of curriculum has always been the main agenda of ETME. It’s has been an uphill task to meet the challenges faced and various issues related to standardisation, including managing students of different countries, were discussed in this edition of ETME.
The distinguished guest speakers from India & Nepal gave insight on Medical Education & Medical Licensing exams in their respective countries, thereby comparing with international MBBS program and identifying the areas that needs a significant attention in International MBBS program.
ETME – 2019 had many original articles presented in technical sessions and deservingly, a paper from each session was awarded with Best Paper award. The technical sessions included papers on Pedagogy; Content & Syllabus; Innovations in teaching & use of technology; Licensing examination: Teaching, Learning approaches & differences and Student Management. The paper presentations and discussions were overwhelming and the newer methods discussed can be put into practice.
The panel discussion on campus discipline and academic discipline was attended by Directors, Deans, Academicians & personnel from administration addressed some common issues faced by every university. It was intriguing and informative.
This edition of ETME, for the first time, had participation and paper presentation by alumni of Southwest Medical University, LuZhou; Dali Univeristy, Dali; Jinan University, Guangzhou & Southern Medical University, Guangzhou.
For guiding the foreign students from India & Nepal about the licensing exams in their respective countries, A Handbook on Indian Medical Licensing Examination – FMGE was released & the same was shared with all the universities participating in ETME-2019; and Dr. Ankur Shah, Executive Member of Nepal Medical Council addressed about Nepal Licensing Examination to all the universities participated in ETME-2019.
SaraswatiOnline.Com organized its first Alumni Award meet of MBBS Doctors and Felicitation Ceremony for FMGE cleared Doctors in 1st at Trichy, Tamil Nadu on 28th April, 2019. The meet was presided over by Dr. Partha Sarathi Ganguli, Chief Mentor, SaraswatiOnline.Com. Alumni students attended the meet and were very happy to be a part of such a programme. An Alumni association of Trichy Chapter was also formed on the day. The ad hoc committee includes:
- Dr. Murgesan Mohan – President
- Dr. Raheem. S – Secretary
- Dr. T Keerthana – Treasurer
- Dr. Uttam Udayan – Mentor
- Dr. Partha Sarathi Ganguli – Chief Mentor.
Distinguished guests who attended the meet are as follows:
- Dr. V.J Senthil, M.S.(Orhto), Managing Director, G.V.N Hospital, Trichy
- Dr. M. Shakti Yathev, M.D (RUS), M.S (Orhto)MOS, MBA- CEO, G.V.N Hospital, Trihcy
- Dr. R. Govindarajan, M.S, M.Ch(URO), Managing Director, Jayam Multispeciality Hospital, Trichy
- Dr. P. Padmapriya, MD, DGO, Jayram Multispecialty Hospital,Trichy
- Dr. Sr. Jacquline Mary, Medical Superintendent, Child Jesus Hospital, Trichy
- Dr. K.K Salim, Managing Director & Diabetologist, Team Specialty Hospital, Pudukkottai
- Dr. A. Saravanan, M.S(Ortho), ABC Hospital, Trichy
- Mr. A. Hafis Basha, Executive Director, Business Network International, Trichy
- Mr. LNSP Ravi Ramasamy, Launch Director, Business Network International, Trichy
- Mr. M. Ramanathan, Kosmo Furniture, Muthulakshm
The 4th Sino foreign friendly Volley ball tournament was organized at Dali University.
The tournament came to an end on 29th April, 2019.
The finals witnessed nail biting competitions among the participating teams.
The winners of the Boys’ team were:
- A3 (Cambodia TOP TEAM)
- B5 (Cambodia All Star)
- C2 (Sports and Science) and
- D2 (Vibraniums)
The winners of the Girls’ team included:
- A4 (Sports Science Institute)
- B2 (School of Education and Science) and
- C4 (Bumblebees)