Barind Medical College
Campus: 179/1, Choto Bongram, Boalia, Rajshahi – 6207, Bangladesh
|Established:||2011||Campus Area:||1,70,000 sq.ft|
|No. students:||444||Foreign students :||87|
|Courses Offered:||MBBS||Duration:||5 years + 1 year Internship. Total 6 years|
|Seats available as per BMDC:||30||Eligibility:||1. Minimum aggregate GPA in SSC or equivalent and HSC or equivalent : 7.00
2. Minimum GPA in biology: 3.5
|Medium of Instruction:||English||Canteens:||Available|
|Foreign Teachers on campus:||No||Dormitories:||Twin sharing|
|Academic Session:||Jan – Dec||Climate:||Winter-Max:15°C Min:10°C | Summer-Max:36°C Min:27°C|
About Barind Medical College
Barind Medical College is one of the popular medical colleges in Bangladesh. Established in 2011, Barind Medical College is located in Rajshahi, known as the education city of Bangladesh, 252 km northwest of Capital Dhaka.
The campus is spread over 3 acres, with academic & hospital floor space 1,70,000 sq.ft.
Barind Medical College offers MBBS course to both foreign students, particularly from India, and local students. It is MCI-approved and produces a high number of MBBS students who crack the FMGE test in India in their first attempt. Naturally, it is a top MBBS destination for Indian students, especially from West Bengal.
Total course duration of MBBS in Barind Medical College is 5years with one year of compulsory internship. The college is approved by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh, affiliated to Rajshahi University, and accredited by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC).
Barind Medical College is enlisted in the World Directory of Medical School, World Federation for Medical Education (WPME) & Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), formerly by World Health Organization.
BARIND MEDICAL COLLEGE strives to be the centre of academic excellence, providing medical education and training of the highest standard at graduation level and be a leader in care, research and innovation in the field of medical sciences and technology in Bangladesh and abroad.
Total number of students in Barind Medical College is 444 including 87 foreign students. Tuition Fees of MBBS course both Bangladeshi as well as foreign students are lower than any other Medical colleges in the country and abroad.
Near about 50% of the students in Barind Medical College are foreigners from different parts of India, like West Bengal, Assam, Kashmir, Rajasthan, Delhi and Nepal. Admission in Barind Medical College facilitates opportunity to expose the students in multiple cultural environment which enriches their knowledge and experience. This exposure had led to rewarding careers for its students in India.
The college has excellent hostel facilities for females and foreign students. BMC hostels offer clean, safe and furnished accommodation. The hostels are located adjacent to the college campus and are within walking distance, supervised by superintendents.
Admissions & Eligibility
|Program||International MBBS Program Issued by Dhaka, English Medium.|
|Medium||The medium of instruction is English.|
|Duration||5 years Studies and 1 year Internship. Internship may be done either in the university or in the home country.|
|Eligibility||Minimum qualification to apply is GPA 7 out of 10 (at least 3 in SSC or ‘O’ level equivalent and 4 in HSC or ‘A’ Level equivalent); must have Biology with minimum GPA 3.5 at all levels.|
MBBS Course duration is 5 years in four phase and compulsory one year Internship. Diploma in Nursing Sciences & Midwifery course, Course duration 3 years.
- Approved by Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh 0Affiliated by Rajshahi University :Accredited by Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC)
- Enlisted in World Directory of Medical School, World Federation for Medical Education (WPME) & Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), formerly by World Health Organization. No. of students enrolled in each year:100 (hundred)
- Total number of students: 444 including 87 (Eighty seven) foreign students.
- Total Numbers of Faculty members: 90, among them Professors 27, Associate Professor 14 and Assistant Professor 12, Lecturer 37.
- Teacher Student ratio is 1:5
- Barind Medical College publishes a journal biannually named Barind Medical College Journal (BMCJ).
Barind Medical College & Hospital is established on an area of 3 acres of Land at 179/1 Choto Bongram (Chondrima) area with a 1,70,000 sq. ft of floor space in multi-storeyed administrative, academic and hospital building with all modern facilities. It consists of: Spacious Modern lecture Galleries, Examination Halls Tutorial rooms and well equipped Laboratories
- Organized dissection hall with Adequate number of Cadavers for dissection & demonstration
- Well equipped lab of Histology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Pathology, Microbiology etc.
- A rich library with sufficient books, latest journals & periodicals as well as computers with high speed Internet facilities
- Museum for various departments enriched with specimen
- A well quipped and rich Medical Education Unit (MEU) with computer and internet facilities free access to students and teachers. It facilitates continuous medical education programs like, seminar, conference, workshop etc. in regular basis.
- The whole campus is equipped with computer network and Internet facility.
- A 500 bedded Modernized Hospital Including 50 bedded hospital as city campus at Laxmipur with the different departments and some ancillary services : Blood Bank, Diabetic corner, physiotherapy, ICU & SDU.
- Separate hostel accommodation facility available for Male and Female students .
- Adequate Transport Facilities for the students and the patients
- Sufficient facilities for extracurricular & co-curricular activities
- A cafeteria and canteen is situated within the premises of the college for providing fresh and hygienic foods.
Why choose Barind Medical College (BMC) ?
- Beautiful Campus: The campus of Barind Medical College & Hospital is extended over an area of 3 acres (approx.) of land situated in the beautiful, calm and quiet, and well communicated location of Rajshahi city. Three multi-storied building, two for academic and one for hospital have already constructed with 1,70,000 square feet of floor space with all educational facilities.
- High Quality Education: Faculty is enriched with highly qualified, experienced and dedicated teachers with academic, clinical and research expertise.
- Exposure to Patients: Students are exposing to patients in indoor, outdoor and emergency department as a part of their regular clinical teaching and learning process. This allows students an opportunity to practice communication, interviewing and data gathering skills, as well as physical examination and patient assessment techniques in rural and urban population.
- Affordable Tuition-Fees: Tuition Fees of MBBS course both Bangladeshi as well as foreign students are lower than any other Medical colleges in the country and abroad.
- Mentoring: Every students from the first year are assigned to a particular teacher for mentoring. The mentor monitors the selected student up to final year and help him/her to overcome the academic, or others problems even some extent of personal also.
- Multicultural Environment: Near about 50% of the students in BMC are foreigners from different parts of India, like West Bengal, Asam, Kasmir, Rajsthan, Dhilhi, and Nepal. So Admission in BMC facilitates opportunity to expose the students in multiple cultural environment which enriches their knowledge and experience.
- Administrative Structure: Efficient administration of BMC is capable of solving problems quickly and effectively. The Board of Directors, Governing Body, Academic Council, Disciplinary Committee and Departmental Heads take care of administrative and academic affairs. The top administrative team of BMC consists of some exceptionally talented personalities with national and international recognition.
- Excellent Accommodation: BMC has excellent hostel facilities for females and foreign students. BMC hostels offer clean, safe and furnished accommodation for Its students. The hostels are located adjacent to the college campus within walking distance. supervised by a hostel superintendent.
- Provision of Foreign Student Co-ordinator: BMC has a separate office and foreign student coordinator to provide essential services as adequately to the future and present foreign students. Major services are: make available sufficient information regarding admission process; to provide pre-arrival information; reception of every new student by BMC official representative at the first entry point (Airport/land immigration check post) in Bangladesh and provide all sorts of supports to settle in BMC campus specially regarding accommodation, orientation and Immigration formalities. Foreign student’s office always ready to provide all sorts of services needed by the foreign students as and when required.
Estimate of Expenses for 2020 Batch
International MBBS Program, English Medium, Barind Medical College, Bangladesh
|Each Student shall be required to pay the following fees:|
|1st Year||TOTAL INR|
|1. Registration fee
2. Processing & Attestation Fees
3. Admission Fees- DGHS Approval
4. Counselling Fee
5. Air Fare & Visa
|Total Payable In India – 1st Year||1,11,000|
|Attending the following programs are mandatory without any additional cost
1] Pre departure Orientation Program -Online.(From Aug’20 Till Session Begins)
2]Medical Learning Enhancement Program [M.L.E.P]. Applicable from 2nd – 5th year of MBBS program
Including special FMGE coaching and Clinical Observership Program( During vacation in India)*
|1st Year Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|1. Seat Booking Fees (Before 30th Sept 2020)
2. Admission Fee [Before 31 Decemeber 2020]
3. Instalment [to be paid by June 2021]
|Total Payable at Bangladesh 1st year||14,000|
|2nd Year Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|1. Instalment [to be paid by December 2021]
2. Instalment [to be paid by June 2022]
|Total Payable at Bangladesh 2nd year||6,000|
|3rd Year Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|1. Instalment [to be paid by December 2022]
2. Instalment [to be paid by June 2023]
|Total Payable at Bangladesh 3rd year||6,000|
|4th Year Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|1. Instalment [to be paid by December 2023
2. Instalment [to be paid by June 2024]
|Total Payable at Bangladesh 4th year||6,000|
|5th Year Payment in Bangladesh||USD $|
|1. Instalment [to be paid by December 2024]
2. Instalment [to be paid by June 2025]
|Total Payable at Bangladesh 5th year||6,000|
|Grand Total – 5 Years Course Fees||38,000|
|Total Course Fee includes Hostel with attached Bathroom|
|NOTE: 1] This fee structure is provisional. Fee structure applicable at the time of admission shall apply.
2] Departure will be either Ex Delhi or Kolkata only. Students are required to reach the port of departure on their own.
All payments in India to be paid by Demand Draft payable in favour of Saraswati Online.Com payable at Bangalore in INR / direct transfer to the following account
Account Holder Saraswati Online.Com
Account No 00412320001232
Bank Name & Branch HDFC Bank, 18th Cross, Malleshwaram Branch, Bangalore.
RTGS/NEFT/IFSC Code HDFC00 00041
All payments in Bangladesh are payable to Barind Medical College directly in USD by Swift Transfer.
|Other Payments – to be incurred by the students directly
1. University Examination fee at Actuals, if any
2. Insurance – yearly (Approx) payable at Bangladesh
3. Food as per city, individual consumption & choice – yearly (Approx)
4. Medical Check-up at Bangladesh(Approx)
5. Mattress, quilts, Bedsheet (Approx)
6. Air Fare: Up & Down for 6 Years (4.5 Times)15,000 x 4.5 (Approx)
* 1 Payable as per government rules
|*Electricity & water charges are as per norms of university. Cost of additional or extra consumption to be borne by the student as per actual. [appropriately]|
Interested in applying for this University?
The admission procedure starts in the month of March for that years intake.
- Transcript of marks for Higher Secondary level exams.
- Police Clearance Certificate.
|1||Krishna Prasaad Suresh Kumar||Kollam,Kerala|
|2||Mainak Ojha||Nellore,Andhra Pradesh|