Best Way to Learn Medical Education in Bangladesh
Bangladesh is becoming a hot destination for medical aspiring students from countries like India, Nepal, and Pakistan etc to do Medical education in Bangladesh. When it comes to Indian students, it is the nearest, cheapest, culturally same and safest destination for Indian MBBS students.
Every year large numbers of international students are applying to top medical universities of Bangladesh. Presently, there are 83 medical colleges in Bangladesh, out of which 29 are public and the rest are private medical colleges.
Medical colleges offer MBBS degrees where as Medical Universities and some medical colleges of PG courses like MS, MD and FCPS degrees.
Medical Universities for Medical Education in Bangladesh
The medical universities in Bangladesh are approved by MCI (Medical Council of India), World Health Organization (WHO), ECFMG (Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA), IMED (Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory) and ACGME (Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education).
The students graduating from medical universities and colleges in Bangladesh are eligible for giving major tests like the USMLE, PLAB and also the screening examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations, India, under the supervision of MCI.
The infrastructure and quality of education is excellent and high-quality accommodation can be available at much cheaper rates.
MCI Approved Colleges for Medical Education in Bangladesh
- Ad-din women’s Medical College, Dhaka
- Anwer khan Modern Medical College, Dhaka
- Ashian Medical College, Dhaka.
- Bangladesh Medical College, Dhaka.
- BGC Trust Medical College, Chittagong.
- Central Medical College, Comilla.
- Christian Hospital, Bogra.
Programme for Medical Education in Bangladesh
MBBS program in Bangladesh is five years, followed by 1 year compulsory clinical rotation of internship Programme done in a hospital approved by the concerned university. MBBS in Bangladesh follows the semester system and each semester is of 6 months.
The medium of instruction is English. The cost of living and education fees here are quite affordable as compared to other medical colleges around the world. The average cost of the MBBS degree in Bangladesh varies from 24 Lakh-30 Lakh INR. Medical Education in Bangladesh has been divided into three phases:
- Clinical Phase
MBBS in Bangladesh follows the same study pattern like INDIA and offer major courses like
- Bachelor of Medicine
- Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS)
- Bachelor in Dental Surgery (BDS)
Eligibility for Medical Education in Bangladesh
- The applicant has to be the age of 17 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- The students must complete 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from recognized board or school. The minimum scoring percentage should be above 60 % in all the major subjects.
- The applicants must have qualified the NEET exam